Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Jean-Noel Gadreau <jn...@activcard.com> on 2000/08/11 18:15:17 UTC

SOAPEngine / EnvelopeProcessor - Am I way off ?

Hi all.

I am sending this quick e-mail because I did not get any feedback on the
patch/enhancement that I sent to the list a couple days ago on an
implementation of what I called "SOAPEngine" and "EnvelopeProcessors". As I
did not see any discussion on the list, I am wondering if my approach is
completely off the scope of Apache-SOAP, or if I am not considering the
problem correctly, if nobody cares or if you don't have time to look at it.

I need to keep working on this project for my company, but we also want to
contribute to Apache-SOAP if possible. So should I just keep working on it
as it is and post updates ? Do you see changes that I would need to roll in
now ?

If you could let me know what's your views on this, I would really
appreciate.

Thanks a lot

Jean-Noel

=============
Jean-Noel GADREAU
Software Engineer, ActivCard Inc.(http://www.activcard.com )
E-mail: jngadreau@activcard.com
Tel (main): 510-574-0100
Tel (direct): 510-574-1736

Re: SOAPEngine / EnvelopeProcessor - Am I way off ?

Posted by Rich Johns <rj...@vignette.com>.
Sorry, didn't mean to ignore it. I plan to look at it as soon as I can, but
right now I'm swamped. I like the concept (based on your explanations) of
refactoring the code so that it is more reusable and that the architecture will
become more flexible. I must admit that I have been looking at everything
with an "http eye" although I do understand the need to generalize for
other transports.

I want to retain the idea of a servlet for http rpc and that we have the
ability to register properly scoped service provider classses, so I doubt
I will scream too much as long as this architectural option is available.
Within that architecure, though, there are some improvements that
would be nice, like the ability to register multiple providers in one
deployment descriptor.

thanks

Posted by Rich Johns <rj...@vignette.com>.