Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rodent of Unusual Size <co...@decus.org> on 1997/06/06 14:09:28 UTC

New bugdb.cgi

    Okey, I also backed out the "from: apbugs" thing that was so
    controversial.  I've committed the result, so everyone can now do
    the searching by header/content fields, add comments w/o changing PR
    state, et cetera.  The one aspect of this that I left in was that
    edit notification messages no longer say "Changed information...";
    they now match GNATS' expectations and are entitled
    "Re: xxx/nnn: <synopsis>".  So if the user replies to the message,
    it'll come to you; if either you or he adds "apbugs@apache.org" to
    the Cc line, it will also go into the bugdb against the PR (rather
    than being created as a new PR in "pending" state).

    One warning: replies will still create new PRs if the category is
    changed and replies are made using the old subject (e.g., if
    "test/400" gets changed to "other/400", replies to the old messages
    will create new "pending/nnn" PRs).  However, this isn't anything
    new.

    What would be the feeling about making the synopsis editable (i.e.,
    being able to change the title of a PR)?  As far as I can tell, that
    isn't used as a key anywhere, so it should be very simple to add and
    have no repercussions.

    #ken    :-)}

Re: New bugdb.cgi

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.
On Fri, 6 Jun 1997, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

>     What would be the feeling about making the synopsis editable (i.e.,
>     being able to change the title of a PR)?  As far as I can tell, that
>     isn't used as a key anywhere, so it should be very simple to add and
>     have no repercussions.

I already do edit them sometimes.  I have no problem with you adding it to
bugdb.cgi, but an edit-pr on taz will do that for those times when it is
necessary.