Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Satish Saley <sa...@apache.org> on 2022/09/15 23:22:23 UTC

Metrics for ElasticsearchSink and JdbcTableSource

Hi folks,
I use the following to interact with databases and elasticsearch.

org.apache.flink.connector.jdbc.table.JdbcTableSource
org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.elasticsearch7.ElasticsearchSink

Do these connectors provide any metrics out of the box? Metrics such as
- QPS to database, Elasticsearch
- Latency for DB queries, Elasticsearch requests
- Success/Failure

Re: Metrics for ElasticsearchSink and JdbcTableSource

Posted by Martijn Visser <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi Satish,

The Elasticsearch sink uses the new Sink, so the only possible metrics that
it can send by default are the ones documented in FLIP-33 [1]. Since the
JDBC connector doesn't use these interfaces, I don't think these metrics
are available out of the box.

Best regards,

Martijn

[1]