Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by manisha marken <ma...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/26 09:50:37 UTC

group.ngroups=true does not work well in distributed searches

Hi ,

I am using solr 4.7.2 verison.

I am using group.ngroups=true in my solr queries and recently shifted to
distributed architeture of solr, where i add shards param in my solr
queries as follow :

http://localhost:8983/solr/foo/select?wt=json&rows=2&group=true&group.field=dcterms_source&group.ngroups=true&shards=localhost:8983/solr/foo,localhost:8983/solr/bar&hl=true

But group.ngroups=true does not work well if i have documents of one group
on all shards rather than on same shard.

i have seen various jiras of solr, where it is written that issue is fixed
in 4.9 version of solr.
Would like to know , in 4.9 of solr , can we use same queries as earlier or
i will have to change the queries to have facets instead of groups ?

And also, if I have to upgrade to 4.9 version of solr, i would like to know
the changes to be done to upgrade to 4.9 as well.

Regards,
Manisha