Posted to users@flex.apache.org by jfb <j....@verizon.net> on 2013/09/08 03:34:16 UTC

Flex & CF on MAC OSX 10.8.4

Hi All,
I am trying to setup a new MAC to use Flash Builder 4.7 with SDK 10 and
ColdFusion.
ColdFusion is ready but I have an issue not able to display the content of a
cfc file as I describe in CF forum
http://forums.adobe.com/message/5659993#5659993. Maybe an expert using MAC
and apache can help me with this.
Flex SDK 10 is ready and installed in FB 4.7 but I don't know what to use as
web root.
I installed CF using this link:
http://iknowkungfoo.com/blog/index.cfm/2013/2/27/Installing-ColdFusion-10-on-OSX-108-Mountain-Lion.
I want to try to work using MAC, please help.

Thanks

Re: Flex & CF on MAC OSX 10.8.4

Posted by jfb <j....@verizon.net>.
I got it Alex,
http://forums.adobe.com/message/5671892#5671892
Thanks for your help!

Re: Flex & CF on MAC OSX 10.8.4

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
I have not touched CF in 10 years.  Please ask for help on the CF forums
to understand where you place your files and what URLs to use to fetch
them.  Also, the forum post I linked to several replies ago tries to
explain those settings and how they work in FB.

FB will copy output files to the web root in your project properties and
also fetch them from the URL you specify.  If you hit localhost, it should
show you either a list of files or an html page.  To prove I know where
that is on the file system, I add a file or modify the html page and make
sure what I see in the browser changes.

-Alex

Re: Flex & CF on MAC OSX 10.8.4

Re: Flex & CF on MAC OSX 10.8.4

Posted by jfb <j....@verizon.net>.
I try different things, it looks like root folder for CF10 is
/Applications/ColdFusion10/cfusion/
Not /Applications/ColdFusion10/
The root URL should be http://localhost/
For Web root i try "/Library/WebServer/Documents" or "/private/etc/apache2"
i got error:  You do not have write permission for the project output
folder. Specify another location.
When Web root = "/Users/myUserName/Sites" i got this error: Cannot access
the web server. The server may not be running, or the web root folder or
root URL may be invalid.
I think this has to do with setting virtual host directory.
Any ideas?

Re: Flex & CF on MAC OSX 10.8.4

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 9/9/13 1:51 PM, "jfb" <j....@verizon.net> wrote:

>I feel so stupid Alex :)
>I typed the code in dreamweaver using the design mode instead of code
>mode.
I've made a similar mistake before.

>The index.cfm file is displaying the content fine.
>What should I use as web root and root URL in Flash Builder?
I believe web root is the base folder where FB will copy the output files,
and root URL is the base for the URL it will pass to the browser.

-Alex

Re: Flex & CF on MAC OSX 10.8.4

Posted by jfb <j....@verizon.net>.
I feel so stupid Alex :)

Re: Flex & CF on MAC OSX 10.8.4

Posted by jfb <j....@verizon.net>.
Alex,
The apache is working because I get "It Works!" for http://localhost.
Also I get display any html content if I use
http://localhost/~username/index.htm
The issue is the cfm files. I will look into httpd.conf.
Thanks

Re: Flex & CF on MAC OSX 10.8.4

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
If you hit just "http://localhost" what do you get?  Maybe the apache http
server isn't set up?  I think there is an httpd.conf file that has two
settings that need to point to
/Applications/ColdFusion9/wwwroot

Re: Flex & CF on MAC OSX 10.8.4

Re: Flex & CF on MAC OSX 10.8.4

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
This is not my area of expertise, but it looks like this post might help:
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/644564

-Alex