Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Raman <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2013/02/01 11:30:46 UTC

KAR files from deploy folder are not getting deployed after container restart

Hi,

I have customized karaf’s main start and
stop to our needs. Basically I  have
couple of feature xml files and specified them as featuresRepositories.  Then I have features.properties file to
specify what features to install into the container. I also monitor this file
so that if anyone adds new feature after starting container to this file then
we will install that feature as well. On shutdown of the container I uninstall
all features listed in this file.  The reason
for this customization is to have features.properties for all containers in
central location and ability to manage from single location.

Container with this customization, if I
deploy KAR files into deploy folder they are getting installed. But on restart
of the container, KAR files deployed previously are not getting deployed.

I could not figure out the reason. Is there
anything wrong I am doing?

If I want to specify KAR files in
features.xml as feature and specify that in our features.properties how to do
that?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Raman