Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org> on 2019/06/04 10:33:10 UTC

11.1 info publicly available

Hi all, esp. Neil,

Can we link the Wiki page providing all the info re 11.1 release plan from
netbeans.apache.org, so everyone can see it, sure a work in progress, etc,
but so that we have one central reference point?

I am happy to do it if Neil can specify exactly which Wiki page that is.

Gj

Re: Schedule of 11.1 release was: 11.1 info publicly available

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
Here's the schedule:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Release+Schedule

Feature freeze is June 15, see above.

Mark your PRs with the NB11.1 label to indicate they should be included.

Thanks,

Gj

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 5 Jun 2019, 12:59 Jaroslav Tulach, <ja...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I see. The release will happen from a master branch. Thanks.

Effectively, yes. There will still be a release branch but merging all
commits in master. A few people suggested releasing non-LTS off a master
tag but not sure we're there yet even if we'd like to.

I've tried to pull the various suggestions that have been made into one
plan. But if this approach causes any problems with development during
release then we review, and either way we definitely review post NB11.1
release.

Best wishes,

Neil

Re: Schedule of 11.1 release was: 11.1 info publicly available

Posted by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com>.

st 5. 6. 2019 v 11:49 odesílatel Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hello Neil,

Re: 11.1 info publicly available

Posted by Gaurav Gupta <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Josh,

+1 to include Java EE 8 support in 11.1 version. As I am working on the
Payara tools integration which is targeted for 11.1 and also added Java EE
8 support in Payara. So Payara (Java EE 8 support) PR goona depend on the
work done by you.

Thanks and kind regards,
Gaurav Gupta

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.

Posted by Josh Juneau <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi Everyone,

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
I get it, sure.

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
I'm going through and adding the NB11.1 label to the PRs that to me we need
to include for sure, if owners of those PRs disagree, they can remove them.
(Or should owners of PRs be the ones to do this.)

Gj

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
That sounds great.

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.
That would be nice, so I might have time to add the Gradle Java EE 8
support as well.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
Awesome.

Gj