Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Ask Bjoern Hansen <as...@valueclick.com> on 2000/08/18 03:53:00 UTC

[announce] Apache::DumpHeaders 0.90

The uploaded file

    Apache-DumpHeaders-0.90.tar.gz

has entered CPAN as

  file: $CPAN/authors/id/A/AB/ABH/Apache-DumpHeaders-0.90.tar.gz
  size: 2786 bytes
   md5: 6631c3612d14162c87d26a45a29a2283

I just made a minor change and realized that I don't think I
announced this module before. It's very very very tiny but also very
very very useful. At ValueClick we have our application marking
certain transactions (usually those involving "bad data" of some
kind) as "dumpable" and then this module is configured to dump N% of
the transactions that gets marked as dumpable. Then when we want to
work with it we just take a look at the logfile from this module and
we have all the data we need to track what browsers does what weird
things.

<snip>

Apache::DumpHeaders - Watch HTTP transaction via headers

SYNOPSIS

  #httpd.conf or some such
  PerlLogHandler Apache::DumpHeaders
  PerlSetVar     DumpHeaders_File -
  PerlSetVar     DumpHeaders_IP "1.2.3.4 1.2.3.5"
  #PerlSetVar     DumpHeaders_Conditional
  #PerlSetVar     DumpHeaders_Percent

DESCRIPTION

  This module is used to watch an HTTP transaction, looking at
  client and servers headers.

  With Apache::ProxyPassThru configured, you are able to watch your
  browser talk to any server besides the one with this module living
  inside.

</snip>

 - ask

--