Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Zoltán Altfatter <al...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/02 10:55:06 UTC

OutOfMemoryError with DIH loading 140.000 documents

Hi,

I receive OutOfMemoryError with Solr 3.1 when loading around 140.000
document with DIH.
I have set the -Xmx to 1536M. Weird that I cannot give more heap memory.
With -Xmx2G the process doesn't start.

Do you know why can't I set 2G -Xmx to Solr 3.1?

With Solr 4.0 trunk it I don't receive OutOfMemoryError issue, although I
can set the -Xmx to 2G.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Zoltan

Re: OutOfMemoryError with DIH loading 140.000 documents

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Zoltan - Solr is not preventing you from giving your JVM 2GB heap, something
else is.  If you paste the error we may be able to help.

Otis
----

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
What do you have your commit parameters set to in
solrconfig.xml? I suspect you can make this all work by
reducing the ram threshold in the config file....

Best
Erick