Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org> on 2016/09/23 08:21:54 UTC

[DISCUSS] Upgrade Camel to Karaf 4

I'd like to start a discussion around upgrading Camel karaf support to
Karaf 4.
Karaf 4 has brought a number of changes that could be leveraged :
  * no strong dependency on blueprint
  * complete feature validation at build time
  * more fine grained feature so that all dependencies can be expressed

I'd like to leverage those for Camel.  This can be achieved either by
dropping support for Karaf 2 and 3, or by keeping both (effectively
duplicating the integration code in platforms/karaf to platforms/karaf4).

Also, it would make sense to upgrade to cxf 3.2-SNAPSHOT which I'm also
 upgrading to Karaf 4.

Thoughts ?
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [DISCUSS] Upgrade Camel to Karaf 4

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
We only support Karaf 4.x or newer.
So your PR is good and we would like to merge it.

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: [DISCUSS] Upgrade Camel to Karaf 4