Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Kenan Dalley <ke...@gm.com> on 2017/11/20 16:05:38 UTC

SqlQuery with Cassandra cache

Can someone explain to me what I'm doing wrong?  I'm trying to query an
Ignite cache backed up by Cassandra, but I keep getting the following error.
Can a SqlQuery be created against a C*-backed cache?  I would think so, but
not sure exactly how and there are no good examples that I can find in the
wild.

Error
Test class (SpringBootApp)
AppConfig
cassandra-ignite.xml
persistence-settings.xml
connection-settings.xml
Test1Key class
Test1 class
C* table

Re: SqlQuery with Cassandra cache

Posted by Kenan Dalley <ke...@gm.com>.
I was starting to think that was the case.  Thanks for the help and verifying
that for me, Val.

Re: SqlQuery with Cassandra cache

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kenan,

SQL queries are executed against the data that is in memory. Read-though
semantics works for key-based access only. If you need to query data that is
both in memory and on disk, I'd recommend to take a look at Ignite native
persistence:
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/distributed-persistent-store

-Val