Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Dawid Wysakowicz <wy...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/01 14:04:39 UTC

Building only flink-java8 module

Hi devs!

Recently I tried running* mvn verify* just for the *flink-java8* module (to
run those tests locally) and it fails with the following error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project flink-java8_2.10: Could not
> resolve dependencies for project
> org.apache.flink:flink-java8_2.10:jar:1.4-SNAPSHOT: Failed to collect
> dependencies at
> org.apache.flink:flink-examples-batch_2.10:jar:1.4-SNAPSHOT: Failed to read
> artifact descriptor for
> org.apache.flink:flink-examples-batch_2.10:jar:1.4-SNAPSHOT: Failure to
> find
> org.apache.flink:flink-examples_${scala.binary.version}:pom:1.4-SNAPSHOT in
> https://repository.apache.org/snapshots was cached in the local
> repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of
> apache.snapshots has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]

That strategy works for any other module I tried. I would be grateful for
any tips how can I run just tests for flink-java8 locally.

Thanks in advance.

Z pozdrowieniami! / Cheers!

Dawid Wysakowicz

*Data/Software Engineer*

Skype: dawid_wys | Twitter: @OneMoreCoder

<http://getindata.com/>

Re: Building only flink-java8 module

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
Unfortunately I don’t know how to suppress running the tests in the dependency modules that are also built.

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dawid Wysakowicz <wy...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dawid Wysakowicz <wy...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
That removes the error.

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I think you can use something like

mvn verify -am -pl flink-java8

(From the base directory)

The -pl flag will tell maven to only do that module while -am tells it to also builds its dependencies. This might or might not also run the tests on the dependent-upon projects, I’m not sure.