Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io> on 2016/10/20 02:12:06 UTC

Re: [VOTE] KIP-73 - Replication Quotas

Hi,

While testing KIP-73, we found an issue described in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-4313. Basically, when there are
mixed high-volume and low-volume partitions, when replication throttling is
specified, ISRs for those low volume partitions could thrash. KAFKA-4313
fixes this issue by avoiding throttling those replicas in the throttled
replica list that are already in sync. Those in-sync replicas traffic will
still be accounted for the throttled traffic though. Just want to bring
this up since it slightly changes the behavior described in the KIP. If
anyone has concerns on this, please comment on the jira.

Thanks,

Jun

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io>.
Yes, that sounds like a good idea. Updated the wiki for KIP-73.

Thanks,

Jun

Posted by Joel Koshy <jj...@gmail.com>.