Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/28 02:47:42 UTC

AP management heads-up

Hi guys,

right now, I have the ADD and DELETE operations working for AP and
subentries, with a bunch of tests covering all the cases I can think of.
Many changes have been necessary in the initial data structure and algo
I have used (but the algo are quite close to those I have posted last week).

I still have to check that an added entry is correctly updated when a
subentry is added or removed, something I'll do tomorrow.

Anyway, I'm pretty confident that it could work nicely.

Once the add and delete operation will have been completely tested, the
next step will be to process the remaining operations :
- search
- compare
- modify
- move
- rename
- move@rename

The modify operation will most certainly be the most complex one, but
now that I'm comfortable with the add and del ops, it's easier. The
model seems to be solid, so far.

One last thing : we may want the entries to be updated when we
manipulate the subentries, and not differed in the time. I would suggest
to add an option in the configuration to inform the subentry interceptor
to process the entries update immediately or later. This could be a
dynamic parameter (ie, something we could modify without having to
restart the server).

I hope to be able to finish all that by the end of this week, but
considering the number of tests to write, and the existing tests to
check, this might be optimistic. Anyways, I'll do my best !

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com