Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by David Ballano Fernandez <df...@demonware.net> on 2022/05/02 20:22:43 UTC

kafka and Kube,

Hi guys,

I have a question, do any of you run kafka in Kubernetes? Are you using a
kafka operator?

If so, what are you running and what's your opinion?

I'm trying to evaluate a kafka operator so any tips would be greatly
appreciated.

thanks!!

Re: kafka and Kube,

Posted by Liam Clarke-Hutchinson <lc...@redhat.com>.
Hi David,

There's a couple of operators you can use that I'm aware of:

Confluent for K8s:
https://docs.confluent.io/operator/current/co-deploy-cfk.html
Strimzi: https://strimzi.io/

I haven't used CFK, and big disclaimer, I work on Strimzi, so any
particular opinion I'd have on it is totally biased. But in general, I've
grown to quite like using an operator to deploy and manage Kafka in K8s, it
reduces maintenance overhead without going all the way to paying for a
managed Kafka service.

Cheers,

Liam