Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Jason Gustafson <ja...@confluent.io> on 2019/11/13 18:23:33 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-533: Add default api timeout to AdminClient

Hey Colin,

Thanks for the suggestions. I've clarified the use of the API overrides and
the request timeout.

I think exponential backoff is a great idea. Can we do a separate KIP for
this? I think we can add it to the consumer and producer at the same time.

-Jason

Posted by Jason Gustafson <ja...@confluent.io>.
This seems not very controversial, so I will go ahead and move to a vote in
the next couple days.

Thanks,
Jason