Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Ben Bookey <be...@gistec-online.de> on 2004/08/12 17:08:28 UTC

ON DELETE CASCADE is missing from our torque Oracle scripts.

Dear List,

We have set for oracle our oracle Torque configuration

 <foreign-key foreignTable="author" onDelete="cascade">

This fails to generate .sql files with the required "on delete cascade" DDL.

Is this a known problem ?Is the functionality indicated by the
database_3_1.dtd at all available ?

We have noticed that in the torque tutorial, the deletion of the child table
rows is done manually.

I would really appreciate a reply

Regards
Ben

AW: ON DELETE CASCADE is missing from our torque Oracle scripts. WORKS !!!! sorry.

Posted by Ben Bookey <be...@gistec-online.de>.
Dear list,
I was wrong. Humble Apologies.  The functionality seems to be o.k. and the
on delete cascade exists in the sql file.
In the tutorial, the deletion of child rows is done manually. This is
misleading and in my view devaluates Torque.

Do all the torque supported databases support this ondelete cascade
functionality ? i.e. SQLserver and mySQL.

regards
Ben