Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Dan Haywood <dk...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/14 08:57:14 UTC

restful objects / json viewer

The json viewer provides a default restful interface for any Isis domain
model, providing JSON representations of objects, properties,
collections and actions.  By way of a quick status update on it:

* the recently released 0.1.2-incubating *does* include an initial
version of the json viewer, with partial implementations of some of the
GET representations
* the current trunk/framework has had more work done on it...
specifically all representations are now implemented, though not fully
tested

In addition, I've taken the original specification that were on our
wiki, and copied them over to a new website, restfulobjects.org [1].
The reason for doing this is that there's a very distinct possibility
that another framework on a different platform will also implement the
same restful interface.  Since this other framework isn't in Apache, we
wanted to put the draft spec outside of Apache pages in order to avoid
confusion.  If you'd like permissions to edit the content on [1], just
let me know.

Cheers
Dan

[1] http://restfulobjects.org/