Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org> on 2005/11/12 10:23:17 UTC

Error: Unable to connect to server at...

Hi,

Is it me or the latest sources are broken and the deployer.jar doesn't
work fine? I've built Geronimo from tomorrow's sources and I keep getting:

$ java -ea -jar bin/deployer.jar --user system --password manager
distribute target/plan/petstore1.3.2-security-plan.xml
     Error: Unable to connect to server at
     deployer:geronimo:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/JMXConnector
     -- javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException [Root exception is
     java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: localhost;
     nested exception is:

         java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]

I'll be investigating it if it's me, but would like to hear from others
whether or not it's a general issue.

Jacek

Re: Error: Unable to connect to server at...

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org>.
Aaron Mulder wrote:
> Sorry to shed your hair!  I wonder if I should send out announcements
> of syntax changes with a special prefix to make sure people pay
> attention.

No problem at all. I've got enough hair to pull out ;) I should simply
have followed the changes.

> But maybe I can save your fingers some pain even if your scalp is
> suffering: as of a commit earlier this morning, you can run "java -jar
> bin/deployer.jar login" and it will save your username and password so
> you don't have to pass them on the command line in the future.  Also,
> if the server isn't running and you use --offline, you don't need the
> username and password anyway.  Also, you can just dump your
> applications in geronimo/deploy and they will be hot deployed.  :)

I'll definitely leverage the knowledge *after* PetStore 1.4 is
completely deployed and run in Geronimo. I'm almost finished and I'm
sure people wouldn't forgive me if I didn't commit my changes once
they're useable.

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org>.

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.