Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org> on 2001/12/09 04:02:20 UTC

Action List - Volunteers Needed

Hi,

Yesterdat I finally got around to looking at the list of actions that can be
done to get us towards Ant2. Unfortunately the majority of things I had in
mind were to controvertial so I had to axe them ;) However this list includes
a bunch of things todo and as soon as we make some headway into that I can
probably start bringing some items onto the list.

The list of items is available at

http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/ant2/actionlist.html

So if you want to get your name in the lights or maybe just help out feel
free to volunteer to document/implement/etc some of the actions. Some of
these actions are largish chunks of work so feel free to work together, work
incrementally, "borrow" ideas/code from comptabile projects etc.

Most of these actions can be linked to specific email threads but I haven't
done that because my local mail archive is limited. If some one was to look
through the online mail archives and link the actions to specific threads
then that would be much appreciated.

Anyways. The best thing to do is to just get started and try out some of
these things. Try to do your experimentation in a new package (say
org.apache.ant.experimental.<blah>) and keep us informed of your progress.
Try to also have a simple ant build file or maybe just a code snippet (if you
are working on making reusable utils) so we can have a look at it all.

Feel free to ask if you want more info on any of the actions ;) and have a
bit of fun hacking at the items.

--
Cheers,

Pete

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability in the opponent." -- Sun Tzu