Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Rajesh Balamohan <ra...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/30 16:17:03 UTC

HttpClient 4.0

Currently we are using HttpClient 3.x in production. Is it advisable to move
to HttpClient 4.0?. Do we have any performance and scalability improvements.

--
~Rajesh.B

Re: HttpClient 4.0

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2008-04-30 at 19:47 +0530, Rajesh Balamohan wrote:
> Currently we are using HttpClient 3.x in production. Is it advisable to move
> to HttpClient 4.0?.

No, it is not. If HttpClient 3.x works for you, stick to it.

>  Do we have any performance and scalability improvements.

HttpClient 4.0 is expected to be 15 to 30% faster than HttpClient 3.x
for small and medium size messages.

If performance is an overriding concern for you, consider using HttpCore
4.0 (a set of low level components HttpClient 4.0 is built upon)
directly. It should be stable enough for use in production even at this
point. HttpCore is expected to be up to 2 times faster than HttpClient
3.x for small / medium size messages.

Oleg