Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ni...@progressive.com on 2002/07/31 15:21:59 UTC

Connection between TOMCAT and DB2 ???

Hello everyone...
thanks for showing interest in the list and to make it grow...

I have a situation here.
I am using tomcat 4.0.3 and jdk 1.3.1_04. I want to write a soap
service which will bring the resultset from IBM DB2 database.

Before implementing soap I am writing a simple Java "Ndb2servlet.java" file
inside
%TOMCAT_HOME%\webapps\soap\WEB-INF\classes

Now it compile fine but when I try to run it it says:

\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4\webapps\soap\WEB-INF\classes>javac Ndb2servlet.java

Ndb2servlet
SQL Exception:  No suitable driver

I have tried to put db2java.zip, runtime.zip and sqlj.zip in %TOMCAT_HOME%
\common\lib and
and also included in system classpath  then restarted TOMCAT but still it
couldn't find driver.

DO I need to do something special for my JAVA file in tomcat to find
"DB2driver"

Please help....
thanks

Nishant Awasthi
Corporate Systems Development
Progressive Insurance

Re: Connection between TOMCAT and DB2 ???

Posted by Ryszard Lach <rl...@id.pl>.
On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 09:21:59AM -0400, Nishant_Awasthi@progressive.com wrote:
> Hello everyone...
> thanks for showing interest in the list and to make it grow...
>
> I have a situation here.
> I am using tomcat 4.0.3 and jdk 1.3.1_04. I want to write a soap
> service which will bring the resultset from IBM DB2 database.

I'm sorry, I don't have a time to read the all thread. Did you manage to
connect to DB2 from tomcat ? If not - I did, so I think I could help
you.

Richard

--
** Internet Designers S.A., ul. Przedmiejska 6-10, 54-201 Wrocław **
 tel. (071) 35 00 445 w. 25; fax (071) 37 35 946; http://www.id.pl/