Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "shivendra.tiwari" <sh...@arcscorp.net> on 2016/06/01 11:10:49 UTC

Configure SolrCloud for Loadbalance for .net client

Hi,

I have to configure SolrCloud for loadbalance on .net application please suggest what we have to needed and how to configure it. We are currently working on lower version of Solr with Master and Slave concept.

Please suggest.

Warm Regards!
Shivendra Kumar Tiwari

Re: Configure SolrCloud for Loadbalance for .net client

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 6/2/2016 11:39 PM, shivendra.tiwari wrote:
> Accually, I am using fork provided by SolrNet for Cloud from here
> https://github.com/vladen/SolrNet  but unable to communicate from
> zookeeper. Do you have any idea it is stable for SolrCloud. I am using
> SolrNet for simple master and slave it is working fine but for cloud
> mode unable to understand what I have to use.

SolrNet is a third-party software product that was not written by the
Solr project.  We have no idea how well it works or how stable it is.
Since the software you are using is a fork, it might be more stable than
the original, or it might be less stable.

I think that Solr clients for languages other than Java probably
*should* be maintained by the Solr project, but we are already very busy
maintaining and improving the existing software.  Interested
contributors are always welcome.

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: Configure SolrCloud for Loadbalance for .net client

Posted by "shivendra.tiwari" <sh...@arcscorp.net>.
Thanks Erick,

Accually, I am using fork provided by SolrNet for Cloud from here
https://github.com/vladen/SolrNet  but unable to communicate from zookeeper.
Do you have any idea it is stable for SolrCloud. I am using SolrNet for
simple master and slave it is working fine but for cloud mode unable to
understand what I have to use.

Thank you very much!

Warm Regards!
Shivendra Kumar Tiwari

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@griddynamics.com>.
I briefly skimmed through SolrNet doc. I see that it's can be pointed to
solr http endpoint. You can do the same with SolrCloud nodes. You can start
from hitting any node for indexing and searching, all cloud nodes are
ambivalent.

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

<http://www.griddynamics.com>
<mk...@griddynamics.com>

Re: Configure SolrCloud for Loadbalance for .net client

How does it work now? Do you have a list of slaves configured on a client
app? Btw what do you use to call Solr from .net?
01 \u0438\u044e\u043d\u044f 2016 \u0433. 14:08 \u043f\u043e\u043b\u044c\u0437\u043e\u0432\u0430\u0442\u0435\u043b\u044c "shivendra.tiwari" <
shivendra.tiwari@arcscorp.net> \u043d\u0430\u043f\u0438\u0441\u0430\u043b:

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@griddynamics.com>.
Hello,