Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Omar@Gmail" <om...@googlemail.com> on 2013/11/01 17:59:27 UTC

Path exception when running from inside IDE.

Hi,

Running from inside IDE (intellij idea) getting exception, see below:

In the program arguments I specify 'input output'

Of course 'input' does exist in HDFS with data file in it.

But the code is trying access a directory form local project file system
location not form HDFS.

Please let me know what I have done wrong.

Regards
Omar

Nov 01, 2013 4:31:36 PM org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation doAs
SEVERE: PriviledgedActionException as:omarnetbox
cause:org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.InvalidInputException: Input
path does not exist: file:/Users/omarnetbox/work/projects/hadoop/mrjob/input
Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.InvalidInputException: Input path
does not exist: file:/Users/omarnetbox/work/projects/hadoop/mrjob/input
    at
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.FileInputFormat.listStatus(FileInputFormat.java:235)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.FileInputFormat.getSplits(FileInputFormat.java:252)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.writeNewSplits(JobClient.java:1054)

Re: Path exception when running from inside IDE.

Posted by Vinayakumar B <vi...@gmail.com>.
In your eclipse classpath core-site.xml is there?
Directory which contains site xmls should be there in classpath. Not
directly xml files.

Make sure fs.defaultFS points to correct hdfs path

Regards,
Vinayakumar B

Posted by Vinayakumar B <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vinayakumar B <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vinayakumar B <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Chris Mawata <ch...@gmail.com>.
What does the code look like? Chances are you are using a file:/// url
Chris

Posted by Chris Mawata <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Chris Mawata <ch...@gmail.com>.