Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Rich Bramante <Ri...@avid.com> on 2005/01/10 21:31:07 UTC

ClassCastException parsing fault with 1.2RC2

I have an Axis client connecting with a 2.6 gSOAP server.  Things work
fine until the server returns a fault at which point the client throws a
ClassCastException out of the stub's invoke() method.  Here is the
returned gSOAP response.  Is this response valid or is it formatted
improperly?

Thanks.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:ns="urn:Server"
xmlns:ns="urn:Agent/ns.xsd" xmlns:Agent="urn:Agent">

  <SOAP-ENV:Body id="_0">

    <SOAP-ENV:Fault>

      <faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Client</faultcode>

      <faultstring>STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT</faultstring>

      <detail>SOAP Request Failed: Error = Exception (555)</detail>

    </SOAP-ENV:Fault>

  </SOAP-ENV:Body>

</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Re: ClassCastException parsing fault with 1.2RC2

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
I believe that the <detail> element is invalid.

The detail element is defined so:

<xs:element name="detail" type="tns:detail" minOccurs="0" />

<xs:complexType name="detail">
  <xs:sequence>
    <xs:any namespace="##any" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"
processContents="lax" />
  </xs:sequence>
  <xs:anyAttribute namespace="##any" processContents="lax" />
</xs:complexType>

Therefore the content in the detail should be specified within a
qualified child element or attribute, but not as string content within
<detail>.

Anne