Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Thomas Mortagne <th...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/27 17:49:36 UTC

Getting org.apache.lucene.document.Field instead of String in SolrDocument#get

Hi guys,

I have some code using SolrInstance#queryAndStreamResponse and since I
moved to Solr 5.3.1 (from 4.10.4) my StreamingResponseCallback is
called with a SolrDocument filled with Field instead of the String it
used to receive when calling #get('myfield').

Is this expected ? Should I change all my code dealing with
SolrDocument to be carefull about that ? From what I could see those
Fields are put in SolrDocument by DocsStreamer which seems to be new
in 5.3 but did not digged much more.

It looks a bit weird to me given the javadoc of #getFieldValue which
is implemented exactly like #get. Also it's not consistent with
SolrInstance#query behavior which return me SolrDocument containing
values and not Fields.

Sorry if I missed it in the releases notes.

Thanks for your time !
--
Thomas