Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Andre Fischer <aw...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/30 14:46:23 UTC

linuxcopyrightfile / solariscopyrightfile

Hi,

While cleaning up our installer scripts in insetoo_native/ and searching
for places where to hook in the patch generation code I stumbled over
some files in setup_native/source/packinfo.  Most files seem to be just
old and obsolete.  But a few are a bit more strange.

- There are three .pcp files (openoffice.pcp,
openofficelanguagepack.pcp, ure.pcp).  These are binary database files
used for creating Windows patches, the precursor to what I am doing.
Pcp files can be created from text files, so what are these doing in our
repository?

- The two files mentioned in the subject, linuxcopyrightfile and
solariscopyrightfile, contain copyright notices for Oracle.  They are
even listed in main/rat-excludes.  And to repeat myself, what are they
still doing in our repository?  Could there be any legal reason not to
delete these files?

If nobody objects, I will try to get rid of these and all other files in
setup_native/source/packinfo.

Regards,
Andre