Posted to commits@couchdb.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2009/04/14 11:07:14 UTC

[Couchdb Wiki] Update of "EntityRelationship" by AndriusJuozapaitis

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Couchdb Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by AndriusJuozapaitis:
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/EntityRelationship

  = Modeling Entity Relationships in CouchDB =

- This page is mostly a translation of Google's [http://code.google.com/appengine/articles/modeling.html Modeling Entity Relationships] article in CouchDB terms. I (WoutMertens) am mostly happy with it but it could use more code examples and more examples of actual output. Since this is a wiki, feel free to update this document to make things clearer, fix inaccuracies etc.
+ This page is mostly a translation of Google's [http://code.google.com/appengine/articles/modeling.html Modeling Entity Relationships] article in CouchDB terms. I (WoutMertens) am mostly happy with it but it could use more code examples and more examples of actual output. Since this is a wiki, feel free to update this document to make things clearer, fix inaccuracies etc. This article is also related to [http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Transaction_model_use_cases Transaction model use cases] discussion, as it involves multiple document updates.
+

  == Why would I need entity relationships? ==
  Imagine you are building a snazzy new web application that includes an address book where users can store their contacts. For each contact the user stores, you want to capture the contacts name, birthday (which they mustn't forget!) their address, telephone number and company they work for.