Posted to p-dev@xerces.apache.org by Martin Raspe <ra...@uni-trier.de> on 2003/12/16 18:47:29 UTC

How to specify a "_p_void" value for Sax2XMLReader::setProperty?

I am trying to set an external schema location for a Sax2XMLReader
parser. According to the "SAX2 Programming Guide" the syntax should be
similar to the following:

$parser->setProperty(
  "http://apache.org/xml/properties/schema/external-schemaLocation",
  "http://www.example.com file_name.xsd");

Any way I try it, I get the error message

Error in eval: Type error in argument 3 of SAX2XMLReader_setProperty.
Expected _p_void at validationtest.pl line 45.

What is the perl equivalent of a _p_void? Am I missing something? Or is
it a bug? Thanks for any ideas,

Martin

Re: How to specify a "_p_void" value for Sax2XMLReader::setProperty?

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
Martin Raspe <ra...@uni-trier.de> writes:

> $parser->setProperty(
>   "http://apache.org/xml/properties/schema/external-schemaLocation",
>   "http://www.example.com file_name.xsd");
>
> Any way I try it, I get the error message
>
> Error in eval: Type error in argument 3 of SAX2XMLReader_setProperty.
> Expected _p_void at validationtest.pl line 45.
>
> What is the perl equivalent of a _p_void? Am I missing something? Or
> is it a bug? Thanks for any ideas,

Sorry Martin,

This is a bug in the Perl API. I need a SWIG typemap to handle a void*
pointer to C++, I gave an in-depth discussion of this last week. You
can check the archives:

  http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=xerces-p-dev@xml.apache.org&msgId=1181302

Cheers,
jas.