Posted to users@felix.apache.org by ext2 <xu...@tongtech.com> on 2010/08/11 09:15:12 UTC

how to create a application specified logger in osgi?

Hi:
	Typically , I will use the osgi as a server environment. And many
applications will be deployed on a osgi server. Because a application  may
be consist of several bundles;
{{ here, "application" is just a concept defined by software requirements. A
application will be decoupled to several software modules while implementing
the application. In order to take advantage of osgi, the traditional
software module will be deployed as bundle. So a application will be consist
of several bundles}}.
     So I want to support a "application"  logger , it has such features:
	1: supportting traditional logger api (etc: log4j).
	2: serval bundles could be configured in same region(application).
So the the bundles in same region(application) will share same configure to
write log..
	Does anyone has some ideas about how to create such a logger in
osgi? Or is there such a logger exists?

Re: how to create a application specified logger in osgi?

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sinnema,

If you work with Apache Karaf or Apache ServiceMix, PAX logging is used by
default and the log4j.properties file located under /etc directory can be
customised for your project needs.

Kind regards,

Charles Moulliard

Senior Enterprise Architect (J2EE, .NET, SOA)
Apache Camel - Karaf - ServiceMix Committer
Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com |  Twitter :
http://twitter.com/cmoulliard
Linkedin : http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesmoulliard | Skype: cmoulliard

Posted by "Rémon. Sinnema" <rs...@yahoo.com>.