Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Gaurav Kumar <ga...@persistent.com> on 2018/11/16 09:43:56 UTC

RE : issue while connecting to apache-cassandra-3.11.1 hosted on a remote VM.

Hi,

Whenever I am trying to connect to apache-cassandra-3.11.1, I am getting exception Unexpected client failure - null
The detailed explanation :

JMXConnectionPool.getJMXConnection - Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host:<ip_address>;
nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)]

I tried following workaround

1) Adding IP Address of the machine (where server is installed) in  /etc/hosts (For Linux OS)
2) Adding IP Address of the machine (where server is installed) in cassandra.yaml (entry as seed and listen addresses)
3)Also check for proper variables are set for java and Cassandra.

However, while executing the "netstat -an | grep 7199"  command ,I am still getting the 127.0.0.1 as the hosted ip.

Can you suggest me any change which needs to be done in the configuration or the connection mechanism of apache-cassandra-3.11.1 ,because my application is working
fine for apache-cassandra-3.0.15. ?

Kindly, revert ASAP.

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav Kumar- Software Engineer

Fwd: RE : issue while connecting to apache-cassandra-3.11.1 hosted on a remote VM.

Posted by onmstester onmstester <on...@zoho.com.INVALID>.
Also set rpc_address to your remote ip address and restart cassandra. Run nodetool status on Cassandra node to be sure that its running properly. The port you should look for and connect to is 9042, 7199 is the JMX port Sent using Zoho Mail ============ Forwarded message ============ From : Gaurav Kumar <ga...@persistent.com> To : "dev@cassandra.apache.org"<de...@cassandra.apache.org> Date : Fri, 16 Nov 2018 13:13:56 +0330 Subject : RE : issue while connecting to apache-cassandra-3.11.1 hosted on a remote VM. ============ Forwarded message ============ Hi, Whenever I am trying to connect to apache-cassandra-3.11.1, I am getting exception Unexpected client failure - null The detailed explanation : JMXConnectionPool.getJMXConnection - Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host:<ip_address>; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)] I tried following workaround 1) Adding IP Address of the machine (where server is installed) in /etc/hosts (For Linux OS) 2) Adding IP Address of the machine (where server is installed) in cassandra.yaml (entry as seed and listen addresses) 3)Also check for proper variables are set for java and Cassandra. However, while executing the "netstat -an | grep 7199" command ,I am still getting the 127.0.0.1 as the hosted ip. Can you suggest me any change which needs to be done in the configuration or the connection mechanism of apache-cassandra-3.11.1 ,because my application is working fine for apache-cassandra-3.0.15. ? Kindly, revert ASAP. Thanks and Regards, Gaurav Kumar- Software Engineer