Posted to xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org by ce...@mmm.com on 2006/08/28 22:34:18 UTC

Fw: Unexpected exception in client processing

Hi,

Receiving the following error "Unexpected exception in client processing"
using XmlRpcClient.  Current scenario is loading a Applet from a server
that is using XMLRPC version 2.0 to call a server application that is using
XMLRPC-C 1.03.10.  When specifying a URL for a server application on the
same server that the Applet is loaded, everything works fine.  When
specifying a URL for a server application that is on a different server the
above error message is returned.  Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks
Cal

Re: Fw: Unexpected exception in client processing

Posted by ce...@mmm.com.
Hi Terry,

Thank you for responding.

Let me provide more details in regards to this issue.  Server A is a Linux
server and Server B is a Windows Server.  Both servers have Apache as the
web server running our application using FastCGI with multiple processes of
our application running.  The application has XmlRpc-c 1.03.10 implemented.
Also on each server is a test Applet that is using Apache XmlRpc version
2.0 to communicate with the application.  From my workstation using IE 6 I
can load the applet from Server A and communicate using XmlRpc to our
application running on Server A.  The same scenario works on Server B.  The
problem occurs when loading the applet from Server A and setting the URL
for XmlRpc to server B or visa versa.  The full URL is specified as a
string and passed as a function parameter to XmlRpcClient when
instantiating the class.

In addition to the test Applet program I created a Windows test application
that uses XmlRpc-c 1.03.10 which will communicate with both Server A and
Server B without a issue.

I did try telnet to both servers with the port number for our application
from my desktop, both seemed to connect fine.

I have been trying to figure out if this is a setting issue with the
browser or a Java setting issue.  Any help you could provide would be
helpful.

Thanks
Cal

             Terry Howe
             <terry@jeeptech.c
                                       xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org
             08/28/2006 06:59                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Fw: Unexpected exception in
             Please respond to         client processing
             xmlrpc-dev@ws.apa
                  che.org

Have you confirmed you can get to server A from server B by doing
something like telnet to the server port?  Sounds kind of like your
server is bound to the wrong interface.

telnet serverA xmlrpcPort

Posted by Terry Howe <te...@jeeptech.com>.