Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Noel King <no...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/20 16:46:18 UTC

VMWare changing the default vSwitch Name

Hi All,

I am currently working on a Cloudstack VMWare integration project and we
have setup up a dedicated vSwitch and PortGroup for cloudstack.

On reading the VMware vSphere Installation and Configuration (
http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.0.2/html/Installation_Guide/vmware-install.html
) I see the following advise:

8.3.5.1. Configure Virtual Switch
A default virtual switch vSwitch0 is created. CloudStack requires all ESXi
hosts in the cloud to use the same set of virtual switch names. If you
change the default virtual switch name, you will need to configure one or
more CloudStack configuration variables as well.

Would you mind explaining *"you will need to configure one or more
CloudStack configuration variables as well*." What settings these are and
where they can be changed.

Kind regards

Noel

Kind regards,

Noel

Re: VMWare changing the default vSwitch Name

Posted by Noel King <no...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sebastien

No problem at all, I am blogging about it internally, so will share it.

Cheers,

Noel

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Noel King <no...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Noel King <no...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sateesh,

Posted by Noel King <no...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sateesh,

Posted by Noel King <no...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sateesh Chodapuneedi <sa...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Noel King <no...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sateesh

Posted by Sateesh Chodapuneedi <sa...@citrix.com>.

Edit the physical network traffic label to specify the vswitch name to be used for particular traffic.