Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Victor Romero <vi...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/08 06:16:53 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS IDEA] artemis create --docker

Hi all,
Apologies for resurrecting old thread.

As result of our conversations here I published 6 months ago a docker image
<https://hub.docker.com/r/vromero/activemq-artemis/> for Artemis 1.0, 1.1
and 1.2 (as they were released).

In this time there have been > 150 installations, 1 pull request, 1
stackoverflow and no complains.

I'd like to contribute it for an official artemis docker image, probably in
the form of its own github repo (so I don't think a PR would be a fit) +
bespoke documentation in the manual. I would be happy to maintain it just
as I've been doing with the unofficial version.

I'd love to hear if a separate repo is something acceptable, and any other
opinions regarding this.

Thanks

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
That is awesome to hear.  One thing to point out - the ASF already has a
docker hub account, so likely this image should reside under the ASF
https://hub.docker.com/r/apache/.

John