Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Willy Reinhardt <wr...@novell.com> on 2005/02/16 10:47:59 UTC

Rép. : Re: Rép. : Cocoon & 3-tier arch itecture

Hi,

Weblogic version is 8.1
Cocoon 2.1.5.1 (previously 2.1.4)

Willy

Note: On windows we use it in dev mode explode if you deploy with war
you need to modify config.xml the stage mode from
no-stage to stage.

-----------------------------------
Willy Reinhardt
Novell / Cambridge Technology Partners
Air Center
Ch. des coquelicots 16
CH-1214 Vernier
Phone: +41 22 306 47 24
Fax: +41 22 306 47 47

http://www.ctp.com
http://www.novell.com
>>> phil@whirlycott.com 14/02/05 18:42 >>>
You are able to run Cocoon on Windows?  I've only had luck getting it to

work on Solaris.  What versions of cocoon and weblogic are you using?

phil.

Willy Reinhardt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently we use similar configuration so:
> 1) Apache as web server
> 2) Weblogic as app serv. with Sun sparc in production and windows in
dev
> 3) Oracle as db
>
> Our experience is :
> - Move as much possible static resources to the web server (Cocoon
isn't
> very good for that)
> - We got best performances with Intel vs Sun sparc (up to 3 times)
> - We think that Tomcat is faster than weblogic to run Cocoon on the
same
> platform but we must still test it in a systematic way;
> - The database processing time is almost negligible compare to
> processing time of cocoon so Cocoon performance is important;
>
> Hope this help
>
> Willy

> Hi all
>
> I'm looking for others to share their thoughts and experience with
> Cocoon on a
> 3-tier architecture.
>
> I would like to have the following 3 separate hardware servers setup
:-

> a) a web server running IIS, users connects to this server to view the
> Cocoon generated web
> pages
>
> b) an application server running Java, WebLogic and Cocoon. All Cocoon
> files, JPG, XML
> resides here.
>
> c) a database server running Microsoft SQL
>
> I would love to hear from others who would like to share their
> experience.
>
> Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.
>
> Jessica

                                   Whirlycott
                                   Philip Jacob
                                   phil@whirlycott.com