Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Stephane Decleire <sd...@cariboo-networks.com> on 2007/01/12 12:22:58 UTC

DojoAjaxResponseBuilder and OpenSessionInViewFilter

Hi,

I've got a strange behavior in my T4.1.1 application when triggering a
DirectLink with the DojoAjaxResponseBuilder :

    @Component(id="selectLink", bindings={
            "listener=listener:doClick",
            "parameters=blockId",
            "async=true" })
    public abstract DirectLink getSelectLink();

When the async property is set to false, my page is displayed without
errors but when the property is set to true, i've got the awfull "lazy
initialisation exception" error when the page tries to access entity
beans managed by Hibernate.
It seems that the DojoAjaxResponseBuilder bypass the OpenSessionInView
filter declared in my web.xml file.

Is it a normal behavior for the Ajax requests ?
Any clue is welcome.

--
Stéphane Decleire

Re: DojoAjaxResponseBuilder and OpenSessionInViewFilter

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
There should be nothing overly different between an ajax / non ajax
request. They all go through the same resource paths as everyone else.

I guess we'd have to know more about this filter and how it is/isn't
getting associated with all requests for some reason?

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer

Re: DojoAjaxResponseBuilder and OpenSessionInViewFilter

Posted by Stephane Decleire <sd...@cariboo-networks.com>.

Posted by Stephane Decleire <sd...@cariboo-networks.com>.
Hi James,

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.