Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Philip Mark DONAGHY <pm...@yahoo.fr> on 2006/01/26 17:54:34 UTC

Jetspeed2 running on Geronimo [Was]Trouble building the Jetspeed2 Geronimo integration

I have successfully installed Jetspeed on Geronimo thanks to David. Looking forward to looking at the security implementation.

Philip Mark DONAGHY <pm...@yahoo.fr> a écrit : From what I can see the builder is null because the plan is null. Because the planFile is of type application-1.0 and not deployment-1.0.

 I am also seeking a jetspeed-geronimo-2.1-dev.jar that I don't see in the patch.

Philip Mark DONAGHY <pm...@yahoo.fr> a écrit : I have encountered a problem while attempting to use
the patches submitted to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-444

I'm using,
Maven 1.1-beta-2
Jetspeed2 Revision: 372190
Geronimo Revision: 372191

$ cd app-servers/geronimo
$ maven multiproject:install

The build fails with the error,

    [echo] Running car:install for
geronimo-jetspeed-jetty
711116 [main] ERROR
org.apache.geronimo.plugin.packaging.PackageBuilder  -
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Cannotdeploy  the requested application module
(planFile=/home/phil/20051223/opensource/svnProjects/jetspeed-2/app-servers/geronimo/jetty-config/target/plan/plan.xml,
moduleFile=/home/phil/.maven/repository/org.apache.portals.jetspeed-2/ears/geronimo-jetspeed-2.1-dev.ear)
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Cannot
deploy the requested application module
(planFile=/home/phil/20051223/opensource/svnProjects/jetspeed-2/app-servers/geronimo/jetty-config/target/plan/plan.xml,
moduleFile=/home/phil/.maven/repository/org.apache.portals.jetspeed-2/ears/geronimo-jetspeed-2.1-dev.ear)

I have determined that the builder on line 235 of
o.a.g.deployment.Deployer is null. But I don't know why.

Nouveau : téléphonez moins cher avec Yahoo! Messenger ! Découvez les tarifs exceptionnels pour appeler la France et  l'international.

---------------------------------
 Nouveau : téléphonez moins cher avec Yahoo! Messenger ! Découvez les tarifs exceptionnels pour appeler la France et l'international. Téléchargez la version beta.

---------------------------------

Re: Jetspeed2 running on Geronimo [Was]Trouble building the Jetspeed2 Geronimo integration

Posted by James Liao <ji...@gmail.com>.
On 1/27/06, Philip Mark DONAGHY <pm...@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> I have successfully installed Jetspeed on Geronimo thanks to David.
> Looking forward to looking at the security implementation.
>
> Philip Mark DONAGHY <pm...@yahoo.fr> a écrit : From what I can see
> the builder is null because the plan is null. Because the planFile is of
> type application-1.0 and not deployment-1.0.
>
> I am also seeking a jetspeed-geronimo-2.1-dev.jar that I don't see in the
> patch.

If you are working on the latest patch(geronimo-jetspeed11.zip), this
dependency has been removed in
%Jetspeed_Src%/app-servers/geronimo/jetty-config/project.xml.
If it still does not work, try switch you maven 1.1-beta-2 to maven 1.0.2,
it should work at least for me.

--
thanks,
- Jian Liao