Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org> on 2009/03/14 00:35:44 UTC

[Studio] Eclipse Nebula Widgets

Hi all,

there is an Eclipse project Nebula [1] which provides some nice widgets.
There is no official release yet, but we should watch it.

One cool widget is the CDataTime, maybe we could use it for the Date &
Time value editor.

Another nice widget is the PShelf. We could use it as the left-hand view
in the LDAP Browser to switch between DIT, searches, bookmarks and
connections.

Regards,
Stefan

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/nebula/

Re: [Studio] Eclipse Nebula Widgets

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Hi Stefan,
On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 12:35 AM, Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> there is an Eclipse project Nebula [1] which provides some nice widgets.
> There is no official release yet, but we should watch it.

Yep, they're still in incubation. While working on the Date & Time Editor I
saw this project.
As you said, there's no release yet.
I even downloaded the source code but I was not able to build it... :(

One cool widget is the CDataTime, maybe we could use it for the Date &
> Time value editor.

Yes, I saw that one. A very cool replacement for the standard SWT widget.

> Another nice widget is the PShelf. We could use it as the left-hand view
> in the LDAP Browser to switch between DIT, searches, bookmarks and
> connections.

This seems interesting for this purpose indeed.

This project is definitely a project to follow.
I hope their incubation period will end soon and a first version will be
released.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud