Posted to apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com> on 2002/07/19 19:50:07 UTC

5.8.0 is out; need new Request.xs?

Has anybody tried running the apreq-1 test suite in cvs
against 5.8.0 yet?  I'm told it fails.

--
Joe Schaefer

Re: 5.8.0 is out; need new Request.xs?

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Has anybody tried running the apreq-1 test suite in cvs
> against 5.8.0 yet?  I'm told it fails.

confirmed, it's messed up a bit. it seems that there is some problem
with apxs. but otherwise it works fine.

The following works as a temp workaround for DSO and non-DSO mod_perl:

% perl5.8.0 Makefile.PL -apxs /home/httpd/httpd_perl/bin/apxs
% make
% t/TEST -httpd /home/httpd/httpd_perl/bin/httpd
apreq/big_input....ok
apreq/cookie.......ok
apreq/request......ok
All tests successful.

I don't think there is any problem with perl 5.8.0. at least not with my
build, which is:
./Configure -des -Dusethreads -Doptimize='-g' -Duseshrplib -Dusedevel
uname -a:
Linux hope.stason.org 2.4.18-6mdksmp #1 SMP Fri Mar 15 01:24:36 CET 2002
i686 unknown

It's too late and my brain malfunctions and tomorrow I'm catching a
plane to San Diego. So I'll look at it probably after the conference. or
may be during it if I get a chance, unless somebody beats me to it.