Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Nick <go...@muss.cis.mcmaster.ca> on 2004/06/16 00:05:57 UTC

Implementing multiple "views" with Portal Framework

<>                           @@
                          @@@@
                     @@@@@@@@@@@@@
           @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
  @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@ IMPLEMENTING MULTIPLE "VIEWS" WITH PORTAL FRAMEWORK @@@
  @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
<>           @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
                      @@@@@@@@@@@@@
                          @@@@
                           @@

Hi everybody,

I am trying to implement a portal (using Portal Framework). I have a
very ambitious intension to get the "administrative part" of Cocoon Demo
Portal displayed in a separate browser window as a pair of coplets. By
administrative part I mean User Management and Portal Management screens
(sunriseconf and adminconf pipelines). I guess the point here is to
"emulate"  the Portal Engine functionality.

As far as I understand, Portal Framework lets you specify only one main
portal definition, which then can be modified by deltas. If a completely
different view (with different coplets and different look and feel) is
required for the same user, pretty much a whole new portal must be
created, with the exception that some of the resources can be reused
from the old version.

Is there anybody who tried to implement similar functionality or has any
thoughts on how to implement several different "views" for coplets with
Portal Framework keeping the amount of newly defined items minimal?

Thank you very much for your time.

Sincerely,

<>

Nick Goupinets