Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Rosenstark <dr...@alchemedia.com> on 2002/06/02 13:38:27 UTC

iis redirector and status code not 200

I have noticed the following problem. When my servlet wishes to return a
status code other than 200 and wants to include a body, if I include a
content length header, browsers get hung and cannot handle it. This only
happens through the ISAPI redirector but when accessing the servlet straight
to tomcat it works fine.
Any ideas how to get around this problem (other than dropping the content
length)?
I imagine the problem relates to the return code returned by the ISAPI
redirector to IIS whihc does not care what the actual status of the request
was and always asks IIS to leave it open

TIA,
David