Posted to users@solr.apache.org by "Heller, George A III CTR (USA)" <ge...@mail.mil.INVALID> on 2022/04/25 15:51:29 UTC

I can index documents when running Solr 8.11.1 in stand-alone mode, but not when using solr in cloud mode

Using Solr in stand-alone mode , we created core called xlm_core_php

Using Solr in cloud mode,            , we created a collection with 2 shards called xlm_core_php and 2(1 on each server) cores called xlm_core_php_shard1_replica_n1 AND xlm_core_php_shard2_replica_n2

We use an ASP.NET application which uses SolrNet.dll to index and search the documents

In stand-alone mode, Solr indexes and searches the documents correctly.

In cloud mode, we get a file not found exception when trying to index the documents from our application.

Any ideas how to make indexing work under SolrCloud? Below is the log entry generated by our application.

Below is the URL called and the server response along with the log entry generated when we tried to index via our ASP,NET/SolrNet application.

We tried using both the IP address and the FQDN both in Zoo.cfg and the start command for Solr. We have the same issue using both methods.

server.1=MYSERVER.mydomain.com:2888:3888

solr start -cloud -f -p 8983 -z "MYSERVER.mydomain.com:2181"

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

George

URL/Response

Solr Stand-alone mode(err on standalone is because we did not supply any documents like our .NET application does)

http://localhost:8983/solr/xlm_core_php/update/extract

<response>

<lst name="responseHeader">

<int name="status">400</int>

<int name="QTime">0</int>

</lst>

<lst name="error">

<lst name="metadata">

<str name="error-class">org.apache.solr.common.SolrException</str>

<str name="root-error-class">org.apache.solr.common.SolrException</str>

</lst>

<str name="msg">missing content stream</str>

<int name="code">400</int>

</lst>

</response>

Solr Cloud mode

http://localhost:8983/solr/xlm_core_php/update/extract

URI:       /solr/xlm_core_php/update/extract

STATUS:               404

MESSAGE:           Not Found

SERVLET:              default

Log Entry

Log Entry :

04/22/2022 11:28:14

User: Hxxxxxx.GEORGE.A

Exception Type: SolrConnectionException Error in: http://localhost:63408/ScanConsole/Index_Manager/index_manager.aspx?a=reindex <http://localhost:63408/ScanConsole/Index_Manager/index_manager.aspx?a=reindex&c=xlm_core_php&d=t:\xlm_data\php> &c=xlm_core_php&d=t:\xlm_data\php Error Message: <html>

<head>

<title>Error 404 Not Found</title>

</head>

Error Source: SolrNet

StackTrace:    at SolrNet.Impl.SolrConnection.PostStream(String relativeUrl, String contentType, Stream content, IEnumerable`1 parameters)

   at SolrNet.Commands.ExtractCommand.Execute(ISolrConnection connection)

   at SolrNet.Impl.SolrBasicServer`1.Send(ISolrCommand cmd)

   at SolrNet.Impl.SolrBasicServer`1.SendAndParseExtract(ISolrCommand cmd)

   at SolrNet.Impl.SolrBasicServer`1.Extract(ExtractParameters parameters)

   at SolrNet.Impl.SolrServer`1.Extract(ExtractParameters parameters)

   at ucm_app.ScanConsole.Index_Manager.index_manager.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\gheller\source\Workspaces\XLM-V8.0.0\xlm_app_V8.0.0\xlm_app\ScanConsole\Index_Manager\index_manager.aspx.cs:line 138

Exception Type: WebException Error Message: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Error Source: System

StackTrace:    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()

   at HttpWebAdapters.Adapters.HttpWebRequestAdapter.GetResponse()

   at SolrNet.Impl.SolrConnection.GetResponse(IHttpWebRequest request)

RE: [Non-DoD Source] Re: I can index documents when running Solr 8.11.1 in stand-alone mode, but not when using solr in cloud mode

Posted by "Heller, George A III CTR (USA)" <ge...@mail.mil.INVALID>.
Shawn, thanks. It was the lack of an update/extract handler that was causing the problem.
I was using the _default configset and switching to the sample_tech_products configset solved that problem.

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 4/25/2022 8:33 PM, Shawn Heisey wrote:
> and it looks like your message actually never made it to the users list

Or it DID make it and I am just blind. :)

Re: I can index documents when running Solr 8.11.1 in stand-alone mode, but not when using solr in cloud mode

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.