Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Сергеев Алексей <il...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/01 17:35:26 UTC

[DOSGI] no XML messages logged

Hi, I'm new to CXF and DOSGI, and currently trying to implement it in our
environment.

I've two instances of Felix, communicating with each other. I have a lot of
DEBUG output in my log files, but there are no inbound/outbound XML
messages logged.
I'm using Log4j as a logging system, and tried everything in documentation
to enable logging but still have no luck.

I think that the problem can be that my cxf.xml file where i put definition
logging interceptors is not read.

I've seen several posts where people struggling with the same problem, but
without solutions.

Any help would be appretiated!

Alexey Sergeev.

Re: [DOSGI] no XML messages logged

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi
On 01/10/12 16:35, Сергеев Алексей wrote:
> Hi, I'm new to CXF and DOSGI, and currently trying to implement it in our
> environment.
>
> I've two instances of Felix, communicating with each other. I have a lot of
> DEBUG output in my log files, but there are no inbound/outbound XML
> messages logged.
> I'm using Log4j as a logging system, and tried everything in documentation
> to enable logging but still have no luck.
>
> I think that the problem can be that my cxf.xml file where i put definition
> logging interceptors is not read.
>
> I've seen several posts where people struggling with the same problem, but
> without solutions.
>
> Any help would be appretiated!

With DOSGI, you can enable CXF logging interceptors as properties,
example, from Spring (copying a fragment from one of the earlier posts
from users):

<entry key="org.apache.cxf.ws.out.interceptors">
                 <array>
                     <ref bean="exampleInterceptor"/>
                 </array>
             </entry>

or

<entry key="org.apache.cxf.ws.out.interceptors"
value-ref="exampleInterceptor"/>

But probably the best approach is to use CXF InInterceptors and
OutInterceptors annotations on the service classes and use the
annotation property expecting classes (example, specify
LogginInInterceptor.class, LogginOutInterceptor.class)...

Cheers, Sergey