Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Tobias Rübner <de...@tobr.eu> on 2011/10/05 11:48:28 UTC

Refactor the UI

Hi Community,

As Jukka mentioned in the graduation release mails, it would be really
great to improve the UI of Manifold.
I looked at the approach Piergiorgio used in CONNECTORS-265 and this
is already a great improvement.

But how about removing all those snippets from the connectors and
build a webapp with all connector specific jsp files?
This might also lead to a better separation of concerns.

What do you think?
Tobias

Re: Refactor the UI

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hey Tobias,

This is what we started with.

The history is that we had connector-specific JSP's but we needed the
ability to control the classloader for them, in order to be able to
configure ManifoldCF's classpath as part of the properties.xml file,
which allows for much better deployability and the Quick Start and
everything.  This was not possible with JSP's, so the contents of the
JSPs were pulled in under the repository connector interfaces.

Karl