Posted to dev@aurora.apache.org by "Erb, Stephan" <St...@blue-yonder.com> on 2016/07/10 21:12:11 UTC

Multi-Role Frameworks

Some people started an initiative to support frameworks with multiple Mesos roles:

·         Epic: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-1763

·         Design doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gnDdADUMhPgvPa_lN7y97riUEhTCxmrLinOZM471HLc/edit?pref=2&pli=1#heading=h.czfhotx8xvs5

I believe we should have a close eye on this. It could potentially enable us to establish a 1-1 mapping from Aurora roles to Mesos roles and thus allow us to handle certain features like quotas or per-role reservations in Mesos, rather than having to re-implement them in Aurora.

I haven’t looked into the details yet, but it seemed like it is worth sharing.
Best Regards,
Stephan