Posted to dev@aurora.apache.org by "Jeffrey N. Davis" <je...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/08 23:35:29 UTC

Desired output for AURORA-511

Howdy all -

I'm looking to help and thought AURORA-511 - Utilization Servlet should return JSON instead of HTML - would be a good place to jump off from.  After looking through the servlet and the various display classes, I've got two questions -

1.)  You want to yank the current HTML output and replace it w/ JSON, not mimic the existing behavior shown by the /vars and /vars.json endpoints correct?

2.)  The current output is very "human readable", i.e. -> "2 GB".  Do y'all want to continue using a "very very" human readable format?  Drop it down to something like a du -h output, i.e. -> 2g or 2m or 2k?  Or do we want to drop it down to integers with an assumed format, or possibly provided format in the json output, i.e. -> units: MB, RAM:  2048.

I understand these are basic questions, but I wanted to ensure I was working on what the core team was expecting.

Reference:  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AURORA-511?jql=project%20%3D%20AURORA%20AND%20created%3E%3D-1w%20ORDER%20BY%20created%20DESC

Thanks,
Jeff Davis

Re: Desired output for AURORA-511

Posted by Bill Farner <wf...@apache.org>.
Sorry for the radio silence on this, Jeff!  I'm just returning from
vacation, and the team has been swamped.  Please don't take this an
indication that we're not interested in your contribution!

I'm actually not sure what exactly Kevin had in mind with AURORA-511, so
i've requested that he give more details on the ticket.  In the meantime,
i'd be more than happy to suggest some more fully-described tickets if
you're still interested.