Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com> on 2008/02/20 14:36:29 UTC

Re: svn commit: r628365 - in /cocoon/trunk/tools/release-builder: ./ build.xml

On Feb 16, 2008, at 12:36 PM, reinhard@apache.org wrote:

> start with an Ant script that creates the distribution artifacts for
> Non-Maven Cocoon releases

Just wondering - why not assembly plugin?

"Do you want to create a binary distribution from a Maven project that
includes supporting scripts, configuration files, and all runtime
dependencies? You need to use the Assembly Plugin to create a
distribution for your project."

Vadim

Re: svn commit: r628365 - in /cocoon/trunk/tools/release-builder: ./ build.xml

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
On Feb 20, 2008, at 9:41 AM, Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>> On Feb 16, 2008, at 12:36 PM, reinhard@apache.org wrote:
>>> start with an Ant script that creates the distribution artifacts
>>> for Non-Maven Cocoon releases
>> Just wondering - why not assembly plugin?
>
> I failed to get it working the way I want it. Since I do not want to
> invest endless engery, I switched to Ant.

I felt same way trying to make 2.2 compile. (devil's advocate) may be
we should switch to Ant? At least it will be faster and easier to work
with :)

Vadim

Re: svn commit: r628365 - in /cocoon/trunk/tools/release-builder: ./ build.xml

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.