Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Amit Pandey <am...@gmail.com> on 2021/11/17 07:51:11 UTC

Cluster rebalancing when one node dies

Hi All,

We are facing an issue , due to some misunderstanding may be on our part of
ignite.

We have a 2 node Ignite cluster configured with persistence.  We have a APi
to activate it, when the two nodes are up we hit the api to activate the
cluster and it works.

However then one node went down , we patched the node and restarted it, but
when request goes to that node we get the following error :-
org.apache.ignite.IgniteException:
Can not perform the operation because the cluster is inactive. Note, that
the cluster is considered inactive by default if Ignite Persistent Store is
used to let all the nodes join the cluster. To activate the cluster call
Ignite.active(true).

We had set the baseline Topology to 2 and on checking I saw the current
state is "NODES":1,"BT":2

Can anyone please help on what we should do ?

Re: Cluster rebalancing when one node dies

Posted by Zhenya Stanilovsky <ar...@mail.ru>.

>Hi All,

hi !

>We are facing an issue , due to some misunderstanding may be on our part of ignite.
>
>We have a 2 node Ignite cluster configured with persistence.  We have a APi to activate it, when the two nodes are up we hit the api to activate the cluster and it works.

I suppose mentioned API is a standard baseline api ?

>However then one node went down , we patched the node and restarted it, but when request goes to that node we get the following error :-  org.apache.ignite.IgniteException: Can not perform the operation because the cluster is inactive. Note, that the cluster is considered inactive by default if Ignite Persistent Store is used to let all the nodes join the cluster. To activate the cluster call Ignite.active(true).

If cluster with persistence and restarted node has the same persistence data (folders etc.) as before restart, after restarting it automatically activates and become a topology member. If you set baseline and found 1 node instead of expecting two — some of your actions are wrong.

Posted by Amit Pandey <am...@gmail.com>.
Okay , so you mean just add the node back and wait for the cluster to form.

This is just for my information :- DOes hitting the activation actually
stop the cluster from reactivating ?

Regards

Posted by Stephen Darlington <st...@gridgain.com>.