Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Denis DEBARBIEUX <dd...@norsys.fr> on 2016/05/17 14:34:03 UTC

Re: Problem when consuming storm metrics

Dear all,

I hope that this issue is now fixed.

I rewrote all my code related to metrics and now it is working.
- All my code is now based on ReducedMetric
- I removed all my static code.

Thanks a lot for your patience and your help.
Denis

On Mar 18, 2016 9:38 PM, "Denis DEBARBIEUX" <ddebarbieux@norsys.fr
<ma...@norsys.fr>> wrote:

    Dear all,

    I have a question about metrics and how they are consumed:
    I launch my topology. During 3 or 4 minutes, I receive my metrics.
    Then no more logs.
    It's look like the process that is consuming the metrics has a dead
    lock or is blocked by a time out.

    Here comes some information about the context:
      - I am using storm 0.9.4.
      - Some metrics are defined by defaut (eg emit-count.default) some
    other are customed.
      - I am sure that my topology is still running.
      - According to Storm UI, the number of messages emiting by my
    bolts is increasing. In other words, metrics are still computing and
    send somewhere.
      - I try two instances of LoggingMetricsConsumer: in file
    (backtype.storm.metric.LoggingMetricsConsumer) and in graphite
    (com.verisign.storm.metrics.GraphiteMetricsConsumer).
      - I can reproduce it on 2 different machines.
      - No error are logged (worker, metric, supervisor).
      - I am using storm since 1 year and I never seen this problem.

    Thanks for your help.

    Denis

---