Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Ronak Bhatt <ro...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/20 22:00:21 UTC

Question about various logins...

Hi -

I'm from relational background where there is capability of,

1. Creating various schema - to logically group related entities
2. Creating various users with privileges - to have better control of who
(user) can do what (DML, DDL , access to data) and how much (can consume
limited resources )

I want to ask this group - how can I achieve the above functionality in
Hadoop-Hive set up. I want to create 5 users, each with its own space to go
wild with data (but limiting the storage that they can use for example 400
gb for each user)....I also wan to create different schema e.g. web
analytics , customer, product etc...

pointers will be greatly apprecaited

-ronak

*
*
*
*

Re: Question about various logins...

Posted by Ronak Bhatt <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi - Thanks..the document gives good information about group and roles.

However, I could not find,

1. Where and how I can create user for example jsmith, alee
2. where I can create group for example group_read_only,
group_do_everything, group_web_analytics
3. where can I assign use to group and group to databases

Pointers to that would be greatly appreciated.

*thanks, ronak*
*
*
*408 504 4847*